The GATE’s Editorial Calendar follows a similar schedule every year, however we’re open to story and marketing ideas that fit with our themes, including entertainment, travel, lifestyle, consumer electronics, and cars.
Our calendar is primarily focused on seasonal topics, including gift guides, entertainment topics like the awards season and the Oscars, as well as drink guides.
Below are our general guidelines for 2018:
- New Year themes.
- Winter travel and related seasonal topics.
- Continued winter coverage.
- Film awards season.
- Early Spring features and themes.
- Planning summer travel.
- Canada’s Juno Awards.
- Spring features.
- Advance summer features including travel, spirits, and gifts
- Canadian television Upfronts: Bell Media, Corus, CBC, and Rogers
- MuchMusic Video Awards
- Ongoing summer coverage
- Early planning for Toronto International Film Festival interview lounge
- Early-coverage of Toronto International Film Festival
- Toronto Fan Expo
- Early fall television coverage
- The GATE’s Interview Lounge at the Toronto International Film Festival, September 6 to 10
- Ongoing coverage of films, talent, parties, and general events at TIFF 2017
- Early planning for 2017 Holiday Gift Guide
- Fall features including travel, food, and drinks
- Halloween and fall features
- Holiday gift guides including
- Winter features
- End of year coverage
- Last minute holiday gift guide