The Delano Hotel has been a must-see luxury experience in South Beach since the nineties, and now that chic SoBe style has made its way west with Delano Las Vegas, which opened on The Strip in September.
“Delano Las Vegas marks a new chapter in the Las Vegas hotel experience, ushering in elevated levels of personalized service, style and attention to detail,” said general manager Matthew Chilton. “We’re challenging the quintessential over-the-top Vegas experience by introducing a new brand focused on understated luxury, appealing to in-the-know travelers.,” added Chilton.
The Delano Las Vegas combines sophistication with intimate and stylish spaces, and unlike a lot of hotels in Las Vegas, it’s a completely non-gaming hotel, and non-smoking as well.
Operated by Morgans Hotel Group, the Delano Las Vegas is the result of a partnership with MGM Resorts International, and it replaced THEhotel.
The hotel features a range of cafes, bars, and restaurants, including Franklin bar, 3940 Coffee + Tea and Della’s Kitchen cafes, Rivea restaurant (in 2015), Bathhouse Spa, and Delano Beach Club (also in 2015). There is also 20,000 square feet of meeting space, and the hotel is attached to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, which offers even more restaurants, shopping, casino action, and other experiences.
Here are some of the highlights visitors can expect at the new hotel:
A NOD TO THE DESERT
- Grand Arrival. Delano Las Vegas’ dramatic stone entryway immerses guests in a carefully curated arrival experience inspired by the city’s surrounding desert. Guests are welcomed by a striking installation of a 10-foot tall, 126,000-pound divided boulder sourced from the Nevada desert. Its natural patterns and color palette of yellow, orange and gray make it an art piece in itself. Down the inviting gallery and near the reception area is a gravity-defying art installation comprised of hundreds of small rocks by renowned Korean artist Jaehyo Lee.
DINE & DRINK
- Savor the Moment. At 3940 Coffee + Tea, guests can savor artisanal teas, freshly squeezed juices and artisan-roasted coffees, including the exclusive Delano blend, in a comfortable retreat. Guests also can enjoy exotic tastes from the most eminent coffee-growing regions, including Ethiopia, Colombia and Guatemala, served tableside using the Clever Coffee system, an innovative brewing method that combines the best features of the French press and filter drip techniques.
- Urban Kitchen, Classic Comforts. Historic farmhouse meets urban eatery at Della’s Kitchen, blending responsibly sourced ingredients with a chic, industrial aesthetic. The café features a menu centered around local and regional ingredients, including a variety from nearby hydroponic farms and Delano Las Vegas’ own greenhouse, which supplies herbs for breakfast and lunch menus that toes the line between healthy and decadent.
- Cocktails and Conversation. At Franklin, rare, premium liquors, more than two dozen craft beers by the bottle and a selection of wines-by-the-glass highlight the cocktail-centric drink menu. Alongside libations, guests enjoy a selection of whimsical small bites and appetizers ranging from fried pig’s ears to charcuterie. As day turns to night, Franklin buzzes with live entertainment throughout the week, including performances and beats from the hottest up-and-coming DJs.
- View From Above. Soaring high atop Delano Las Vegas and boasting extraordinary views of the Las Vegas Strip, Rivea will debut in 2015 serving French and Italian cuisine from internationally celebrated chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge adjacent to Rivea also will take on a new personality. Until then, guests can enjoy the unmatched views and Ducasse’s fare at miX restaurant and lounge.
- A Place to Call Home. With sweeping views of the Las Vegas skyline, Delano’s 1,117 guest suites provide a luxurious respite. Design elements include Delano’s signature window sheers, crisp white linens, oversized tufted headboards and photography of seductive underwater scenes. Boasting one of the highest standard room square footages of any hotel in the city (725 square feet), each one-bedroom suite features a private bedroom, bold lighting fixtures and a spacious spa-style bath. With a 46” flat-screen TV, wet bar, desk and its own powder room, the adjoining living room offers a plush retreat that doubles as an entertaining area or impromptu meeting space. Delano Las Vegas also features Panoramic Suites, luxurious Delano Penthouse Suites and the exquisite Delano Penthouse Lofts.
- A Rejuvenating Escape. Bathhouse Spa offers guests a treatment menu featuring local inspirations and ingredients as well as Global Journeys through India, Asia, Europe and a “Taste of the Islands.” Bathhouse’s two-story, 14,000-square-foot oasis includes 13 treatment rooms, separate hot-and-cold plunge pools, hot whirlpools, eucalyptus steam rooms, redwood saunas, relaxation lounges, vanity rooms, a nail salon and state-of-the-art gym.
- Furry Friends. With a selection of dog-friendly suites, a dedicated doggie menu and butler services, Delano Las Vegas’ four-legged guests are treated to the same outstanding service as the two-legged ones. The Doggie Delights Menu includes an array of meal options like Fido’s Frittata (egg white frittata), Fowl Play (broiled chicken breast with steamed haricot verts and roasted potatoes) or the Bark-A-Roni (macaroni, béchamel, cheddar cheese and all-beef hot dogs). A designated Doggie Butler offers services ranging from daily walks to a “Plush and Pampered” experience, which includes brushing, TLC and more.
- Under The Sun. In 2015, Delano Las Vegas will introduce Delano Beach Club, a pool experience just steps from the sand and surf of Mandalay Bay Beach. Delano Beach Club will offer hotel guests a dedicated, exclusive pool environment, embracing the laid back South Beach lifestyle.
Delano Las Vegas sizzle reel: