Roku unveiled their new lineup of streaming players for 2019, with devices for any home and every budget, including the redesigned Roku Express, and the new Roku Premiere, which join the Roku Streaming Stick+. Roku also revealed their latest update to The Roku Channel, with 14 live linear programming channels.
The updated Roku Express delivers HD streaming video with a more compact design that doesn’t need to be plugged into a wall socket. Just plug the Express into your television with the supplied HDMI and USB cables, and you’re ready to stream.
The Roku Express will retail for $39.99 and it’s a great option for anyone looking to bring streaming to their home, cottage, or second television.
For better picture quality, the new Roku Premiere offers 4K video quality with HDR for just $49.99.
Finally, the Roku Streaming Stick+ remains the top-tier Roku device, with 4K HDR picture quality, the best wireless performance, and easy portability for travel at $69.99*.
“We are delivering more value and improved picture quality across the new 2019 streaming player line up for Canada. The Roku Premiere delivers 4K HDR for a more immersive TV experience,” said Lloyd Klarke, director product management at Roku. “Whether you are new to streaming or demand more advanced features such as better Wi-Fi, 4K HDR and voice search, we have the right streaming player for everyone.”
Included with every Roku streaming device, and any Roku television, like TCL or Hisense, are thousands of free and paid streaming service. Those services include: Netflix, Prime Video, The Roku Channel, DAZN, Global TV, CBS All Access, Acorn TV, hayu, Britbox, and VMedia.
All Roku devices also work with the excellent Roku mobile app for iOS and Android.
The Roku Channel: Live Linear
The Roku Channel’s new live linear programming channels are already available on any Roku device, and they include the following with no subscription costs or other fees:
- Law & Crime – Watch the courtroom drama unfold live and get in depth legal analysis on the day’s biggest crime and legal stories.
- Now This – Now This is the most watched mobile news brand in the world, providing the latest in video news, investigative reports, interviews and original series.
- AllTime – AllTime aims to bring you the most informative, fascinating and engaging top 10 videos.
- TMZ – Get your daily dose of pop culture from the TMZ channel featuring programs such as TMZ Sports, The Hollywood Beatdown, TMZ TV, TMZ Chatter and more.
- AFV – America’s Funniest Home Videos (AFV) shines the spotlight on hilarious videos to bring you America’s ‘real-life’ funny moments captured on video.
- Fail Army – FailArmy is the world’s number one source for epic fail videos and hilarious compilations.
- Pet Collective – The Pet Collective is home to the top trending clips, most entertaining memes, and funniest animal videos.
- People Are Awesome – People Are Awesome is the number one destination for amazing, original videos and compilations of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
- Adventure Sports Network – Adventure Sports Network (ASN) is the worldwide leader in adventure sports, outdoor, lifestyle and travel.
- Food52 – Come on by the Food52 test kitchen. Our award-winning editors and kitchen experts—like Genius Recipes‘s Kristen Miglore and Dear Test Kitchen‘s Josh Cohen -are here to help with dinner tonight, weekend meal prep, cookie emergencies, you name it.
- Tastemade – Planning your next adventure abroad or at home? Tastemade shows you how it’s done. Whether expanding your palate or your itinerary, Tastemade presents even more of the things you love. Hundreds of hours of original shows, streaming straight to you.
- FilmRise Free Movies – Catch film stars like Owen Wilson, Emma Stone, Morgan Freeman and more in our massive selection of free blockbusters.
- FilmRise Crime – The best Crime TV to satisfy the sleuths among us.
- FilmRise Classic TV – Catch primetime smash hits like 21 Jump Street and Hunter all day long.
All three Roku devices will be available in early October from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, Staples, The Source, and London Drugs.
* New Roku Streaming Stick + pricing effective October 27, 2019.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.