Peggy Carter gets her time in the spotlight starting January 6, 2015 at 8:00 PM (ET/PT) when CTV debuts Marvel’s Agent Carter in Canada. Fans of the Marvel’s films will be familiar with the butt-kicking secret agent, played by Hayley Atwell, but in case you need a little more info to get started, we’ve got the basics for you.
Here are some of the series facts for you, courtesy of CTV.
- Before Coulson there was Carter, and before S.H.I.E.L.D. was established, there was the S.S.R. (Strategic Scientific Reserve). There would be no Fitz and Simmons, or Coulson and May, without S.S.R.’s original duo of Carter and Howard Stark.
- The first Marvel heroine to have her own series or movie (Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter), Peggy Carter is a Marvel’s Universe trailblazer. Among the first in a lineage of many Marvel heroes that follow, she paves the way for kickass spies like Black Widow.
- Carter may have loved, and been loved by Steve Rogers (Captain America), but she didn’t need him or the Howling Commandos to be her hero. In Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter alone, she’s proven that she can more than hold her own.
- The world’s first billionaire-genius playboy, Howard Stark, only trusted one person with his life — and that was Peggy Carter. She’s that good.
- Because she looks good while kicking ass. This woman is flawless in 40s fashion while taking out the bad guys! All class, Agent Carter uses more than just her good looks to deceive and take down the enemy.
- She ultimately helped found the peacekeeping organization we know as S.H.I.E.L.D., and may have single-handedly started the second-wave of feminism in the Marvel Universe.
But, wait, there’s more! There are a few hints about the new series, which CTV suggested in the release that “Agent Carter may take us back in time to reveal the S.H.I.E.L.D. origin story”, and they had a few other hints to go with it:
- In the aftermath of the world losing Steve Rogers (in Captain America: The First Avenger), we can guess that we’ll learn more about the relationship between Carter and Howard Stark (Tony Stark’s dad) and how they created S.H.I.E.L.D.
- We also hope to see how HYDRA first infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D., and how the seeds and shocking twists were planted for Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Another question to be answered revolves around the “084s”, AKA the “Objects of Unknown Origins” that Agent Carter discovered. Plus, “[i]t also remains to be seen if we’ll see the old-school Howling Commandos’ technologies that continue to aid the current S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, thanks to Antoine Triplett’s legacy as the grandson of a Howling Commando.”
Marvel’s Agent Carter moves to its regular timeslot of Tuesdays at 9:00 PM (ET/PT) starting on January 13, 2015.
Watch the trailer for the premier of Marvel’s Agent Carter:
Marvel’s Agent Carter premiere episode gallery: