This summer, make the perfect match with two recipes that were made to go together: a delicious turkey burger recipe that’s sweet and savoury, paired with a maple whisky sour.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Ontario’s Beast Bodega owner, and former Iron Chef Canada contestant, Scott Vivian, worked with award-winning craft distillery Kinsip Fine Spirits, and the Turkey Farmers of Canada for a BBQ combo that’s perfect for the cottage, patio, or back yard.
The delicious pairing comes after a bit of research, and it turns out people have been searching for the perfect turkey burger recipes, and how long you need to cook a burger on the BBQ. So here’s the answer!
Ultimate Maple Whisky Beast Burger
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- .5 lbs ground turkey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Kinsip maple whisky
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 potato roll
- 2 tbsp caramelized onions
- 1 tbsp ballpark mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
1. Divide ground turkey into two balls and form into patties. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat large pan on medium high heat. Add vegetable oil.
3. While pan is heating up, mix mayonnaise and maple whiskey in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. When pan is hot, carefully place turkey patties in pan away from yourself. Brown patties on first side, around 4-5 minutes. Once browned, flip patties, add slices of cheese, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and allow turkey patties to finish cooking and cheese to melt.
6. Now, to build your turkey burger! Place bottom potato roll on cutting board. Spread caramelized onions evenly on bottom bun. Drizzle desired amount of ballpark mustard on top of caramelized onions. Place first turkey patty on top of ballpark mustard. Next, place second turkey patty on top. Then, garnish the top turkey patty with shredded lettuce. Lastly, spread maple whiskey mayonnaise on top bun and place on shredded lettuce.
7. Enjoy this juicy, delicious burger. You might want to make another one for later!
Kinsip Maple Whisky Sour
- 2 ounces Kinsip Maple Whisky
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white-2 to 4 dashes of Kinsip House Aromatic bitters
- ½ inch orange peel (garnish)
- 1 whisky cherry (garnish)
1) Shake all of the ingredients except for the egg white in a shaker with some ice.
2) Strain the ice, add the egg white and shake until you feel the liquid inside start to turn to foam.
3)Pour into a coupe glass, garnish with whisky cherry and orange peel and finish with 2 to 4 dashes of bitters.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.