This is it, friends in battle; Halo 5: Guardians is out there, ready to be played, and to give you a quick glimpse into the new Warzone multiplayer setup, I jumped in and tried out a few of my stellar moves (I’m kidding; I’m awful) so you can get even more pumped to kick some butt, or get your butt kicked.
So what is Warzone all about? Here is a very general run down:
- 24-player multiplayer maps with 12 players to a team, AI-controlled opponents, and huge maps.
- The first team to 1000 points wins, or the first team to capture all three bases and then destroy the enemy team’s base.
- Complete objectives to earn points.
- Optional time limit.
- Use the new Requisition system to select upgrades, like advanced weapons or vehicles.
- Earn points through completing objectives, and then use earned points to buy REQ packs, which contain random assortments of the various upgrades.
- The REQ packs come in three varities: Bronze, Silver, and Gold, with the best items obviously in the more expensive Gold packs.
Depending on the map, Covenant or Promethean forces will appear to add a bit of chaos to the mix–as if it wasn’t already chaotic enough with 23 other gamers trying to blow each other off the map–and Legendary Bosses will also drop in. All of these baddies are worth points to the team that knocks them off.
The list of bosses includes: Baron ‘Sraom, Re’gish Wamik, Tankmaster Rok; Captain Hestro, Knight Strategos, Master Intex, and the Warden Eternal.
As an alternative, Warzone Assault takes out all of the AI controlled bad guys and leaves you with a capture or defend the base battle, with the team that succeeds the most winning the game.
Here’s the video of the gameplay captured just before launch, at the end of the media preview window. Watch all of my videos from Halo 5: Guardians below that in the playlist. Videos include samples from the first two missions in the campaign mode, plus the Warzone multiplayer gameplay.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.